A career at Matson will offer you challenging assignments, learning opportunities, competitive pay and benefits, and a corporate culture that encourages community support and participation in social and philanthropic events.
Matson’s mission is to provide our customers with an efficient, reliable service of superior quality and value. Founded in 1882, Matson has a distinguished history as Hawaii’s major ocean carrier and is recognized today as a leader in U.S. domestic transportation services, including ocean, intermodal, and logistics. Our long ties to Hawaii have made Matson’s culture one that is synonymous with the “aloha spirit.” It is also characterized by long service employees who share a genuine respect for one another and strive to sustain a humane, friendly work environment that is focused on high standards of achievement.
- Industry Leader: Beyond offering customers a wide variety of transportation services, Matson is recognized for its industry-leading Customer Service Center and online services allowing customers to efficiently and effectively manage their shipment information. In recent years, Matson and its subsidiary Matson Logistics have received a number of industry honors for their industry leading service quality, including Logistics Management magazine’s prestigious Quest for Quality award. Furthermore, the majority of Matson’s operations are certified to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Standard, and the company’s automotive operations and Customer Service Center are certified to the strict ISO 9001 Quality Management Standards.
- Benefits: Matson provides outstanding benefit options that can be customized to fit your needs.
- Diversity: Matson is committed to providing an environment where each individual is respected, honored and supported, and is rewarded on the basis of personal achievement and contribution. Matson offers its employees company sponsored training and education assistance. Matson is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Environmentally Proactive: In 1993, Matson led the maritime industry with the introduction of its innovative, fleet-wide “Zero Solid Waste Discharge” program. The company’s unique Ka Ipu ‘Aina (Container for the Land) program in Hawaii provides container equipment, transportation and financial support for environmental clean ups conducted by non-profit organizations.
- Philanthropy: Matson encourages employees to participate in programs that support community service and charitable giving, including offering a company matching gift program.
We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and our number one resource. If you are interested in pursuing a career at Matson, please go to Career Opportunities at Matson and send us your resume.