Direct U.S. Flag Service to the Republic of the Marshall Islands From Honolulu
Matson is committed to providing the superior reliability you’ve come to expect from us over the past 21 years. We have made a number of significant investments in our transportation infrastructure to support Guam’s critical supply chain requirements. Our investments today mean your business can rely on Matson for many years to come for the following:
- Direct U.S. flag service between Honolulu and the Republic of the Marshall Islandds
- Fastest transit time in the region from US West Coast
- Dedicated Matson-only terminals at all West Coast ports providing faster turn times
- Matson-owned containers and chassis in all origin and destination ports
- Guam & Micronesia’s only Reefer Services Team
- Industry experts in sales and customer service
- New technology systems to deliver real-time information about your shipments, from loading to arrival
Matson has extensive facilities and operations at three West Coast ports: Long Beach, Oakland, and Seattle. From these port areas, Matson provides service to Guam and continuing service from Guam to the neighboring islands of Saipan, Republic of Palau, Federated States of Micronesia (Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae), and Okinawa, Japan.
Direct from Honolulu, Matson offers service to the Republic of the Marshall Islands (Kwajalein, Majuro, and Ebeye) with calls every 17 days.
Eastbound service is offered from these ports back to the United States.
FSM & Marshall Islands bound cargo (Palau, Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae, Kwajalein, Majuro, and Ebeye), the following are required from the shipper:
- Bill of Lading Information
- For additional information regarding the new mandatory Automated Export System (AES) filing requirements please review this site: https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/aes/
- The Electronic Export Information (EEI); either the Internal Transaction Number produced when filing electronically at https://www.cbp.gov/trade/new-aesdirect-portal-now-available-ace or the appropriate exemption clause.
- Submission required 24 hours prior to cargo loading
The following forms are provided by Matson:
- On Board Bill of Lading
- Received Shipment Bill of Lading
- Order or Straight Bill of Lading
- Freight Bill
- Delivery Order
- Notice of Arrival
Matson offers many other specialized services designed to meet our customers’ needs. For more information, please contact our Customer Service Center at: 1-800-4MATSON (462-8766).